As part of the International Celebration for Contemporary Sculpture this weekend, Kładka Ojca Bernatka will see the installation of an additional balancing sculpture by Jerzy Kendizora.
On Sunday, January 29th 2017 at 11:00 am there will be a program for the public:
Seating of Winter Winter in… to J-A. Houdon
The assembly will be carried out as a happening – an event comprised of:
– “going around” the exhibition – walking across the Footbridge and introduction to the event;
– assembly of the climbing equipment and preparations of the climbers and assistants;
– assembly of the pedestal rope, or disassembly of the Bride;
– lifting and seating of the sculpture by the climbers;
– erecting and securing of the work;
– spectacular removal of the securing straps.
Full details and registration form here.
Since last fall a collection of balancing sculptures by Jerzy Kendziora have graced Kładka Ojca Bernatka with a juxtaposition of delicate and precarious figures against large-scale engineering and urban architecture in a display titled “Between Water And Sky.”